Program: Levels and Outcomes
PATHWAYS 1.0 (Level I) = Foundational Formation
- Two years in length, with the equivalent of six courses (18 contact hours each) each year.
- Focus on Biblical and theological reflection and praxis, and vocational discernment.
- Begin development of professional portfolio.
PATHWAYS 2.0 (Level II) = Intermediate Formation / Path toward Licensure
- Three years in length (Foundation level plus one year).
- Admission application process with letters of recommendation for admission and portfolio assessment.
- Emphasis on advanced Biblical studies and preaching, spiritual formation, ministerial identity, and praxis.
- Continue portfolio development.
PATHWAYS 3.0 (Level III) = Advanced Formation / Path toward Ordination
- Foundational and Intermediate Levels plus one additional year as well as 7 years of experience as a Licensed Minister under supervision.
- Admission application process with letters of recommendation and portfolio assessment.
- Recommendation of Committee on Ministry.
- Emphasis on supervised ministry and specialization (such as, new church development, congregational renewal, interfaith relations, youth ministries, etc.).
- Ongoing portfolio development.